The Financial Times created a special report on “Combating Tuberculosis” that was published for World TB Day on March 24, 2010.
Articles in the special report include:
- Complacency is one of the greatest risks
- Treatment is too complex and too slow
- Mobile X-Rays can reach farther
- The global burden of TB
- Untreated HIV exacts a high price
- Drive is on to replace venerable 90-year-old vaccine
You can download a .pdf of the report by clicking here.
The FT also ran Guest Columns:
- Jorge Sampaio, the UN Secretary-General’s Special Envoy to Stop TB, writes on how the private sector has a crucial role to play.
- Luis Figo, Stop TB Ambassador and football icon, writes on how, like football, the fight against B requires teamwork and endurance.
- Craig David, the Stop TB Partnership’s newly appointed Goodwill Ambassador against Tuberculosis, writes about Voices Against Stigma. You can also read more about Craig David’s new role with Stop TB by clicking here.